This brownie is not anything like the kind you get out of a box. It has an almost truffle-like chocolate texture with a bit of a crunch from the chocolate chips. A friend of mine, Allison, who taste-tested for me coined it. She said, “this is an adult brownie”. Yup, as in maybe so sinful and rich, it should only be eaten after hours. Ok. Not that obscene but, really good and you might “mmmm” and “ooooh” while you are eating it. At least I do. But, we know I have an unhealthy obsession with all things chocolate. Top it with fresh, homemade vanilla bean ice cream and I’m in heaven! Really. What more is there to say?
Tuesday's Treat: Dark Chocolate Brownie with Homemade Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Author: Jackie Ourman (Adapted from Baker's Royal Brownie Cookie Recipe)
Recipe type: Dessert
This brownie is not anything like the one you get out of a box. It has an almost truffle-like chocolate texture with a bit of a crunch from the chocolate chips.
- 24 oz. fine dark chocolate (I use E.Guittard 63% Extra Dark Chocolate Chips)
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 4 eggs
- 1⅓ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup King Arthur Gluten-Free Flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon baking powder, sifted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line 9x13 pan* with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray or grease with butter
- Place 15 oz. of the chocolate and the butter in a saucepan over low heat and gently stir until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- Place the eggs, sugar and vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment and beat for 15 minutes or until pale and creamy.
- Add in flour, baking powder, melted chocolate mixture and combine.
- Fold in remaining chocolate.
- Set aside to to stand for 10 minutes.
- Pour onto parchment lined baking pan.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until puffed and cracked.
- Allow to cool completely on trays (at least 2 hours before cutting).
- Scoop your favorite vanilla bean ice cream over them, serve and enjoy
Leave a Comment