I told you I would be sharing some savory recipes while I’m learning pastry in culinary school, right? Here’s another one from a friend of mine, Liz Della Croce. I love her blog, The Lemon Bowl. I am drawn to Liz’ recipes. I think it may be because we both have Middle Eastern backgrounds and a lot of her recipes remind me of the comforting flavors I had growing up. I also love that they are healthy! Her story is inspiring and I am so happy she is here on my blog today…
Hi Everyone! My name is Liz and I’m the gal behind The Lemon Bowl, a healthy food blog focused on delicious recipes that just so happen to be good for you.
When Jackie asked me to guest post, I was honored and excited to meet new friends because I am a huge fan of her recipes. Although I don’t have celiac disease or a gluten intolerance much of what my family eats (vegetables, fruits, meats, beans, etc.) are naturally gluten-free so many of the recipes on my blog are, in fact, gluten-free.
Right now my herb garden is exploding and one of my favorite herbs is fresh rosemary. We love using it in a quick and simple Rosemary Chicken marinade but it is also great with root vegetables. In colder months we will roast them but it’s too hot and I’m far too pregnant to be turning on the oven in the middle of July. My solution? The grill!
Thanks to convenient foil packets, the potatoes cook in less than 20 minutes and there is virtually no clean-up. Simply toss the potatoes on to your plate and throw out the foil packets when you’re done. Easy as 1, 2, 3.
Thanks again for having me Jackie! Happy Grilling Season!
I hope you all stop by The Lemon Bowl and say hello to Liz. You can also follow her on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. If you’d like to see some of her gluten-free recipes, she’s pinning them with me here.
- • 4 sweet potatoes – peeled and cut into wedges
- • ¼ cup fresh rosemary – minced
- • 2 tablespoons olive oil
- • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- • ½ teaspoon salt
- • ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Pre-heat grill to high.
- Toss all ingredients (potatoes through pepper) in a large re-sealable plastic bag and shake until potatoes are evenly coated with oil and spices; set aside.
- Tear out four 12” x 12” sheets of heavy duty tin-foil.
- Place ¼ of the potatoes in the center of each sheet of tin foil.
- To create foil packets, carefully fold in the left and right side of the square. Next, bring together the top and bottom of the square and tightly pinch to form a packet. Tip: Be sure to leave a bit of room for steam.
- Place packets on the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes per side
Nutritional Information (per serving): 179 calories, 6.9 g fat, .9 g sat fat, 0 mg cholesterol, 355 mg sodium, 27.8 g carb, 4.4 g fiber, 2.3 g protein
Thanks so much for having me Jackie!!
Thank you for sharing this delicious recipe with us! 🙂
What a great way to add potatoes to your grilling menu! Ok, so I know sweet potatoes are not technically potatoes…but still! YUM!
I made these last night and holy wow – SO GOOD!
That is great! Thank you so much for letting us know!