I just came across this recipe for 4-ingredient peanut butter cookies on Pinterest and when I saw it was flourless, I knew I had to try it with almond butter. We can’t eat peanut butter in our house because the kids have severe allergies but we are big fans of Barney Butter which is both peanut and gluten-free. I made the recipe two ways:
1) exactly as written, just subbing in crunchy almond butter for the peanut butter
2) as almond butter thumbprints with dark chocolate kisses
Both ways were great but if you want to judge by which disappeared faster in my house, the thumbprints won by a landslide!
Here is a pic of the ones I made with the original recipe if you want to give those a try too.
- 1 cup crunchy almond butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Hershey's Dark Chocolate Kisses
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, mix the almond butter, sugar, egg and vanilla on low speed until well combined.
- Using a medium cookie scoop, scoop about 1½ tablespoons of dough 1½-inches apart onto the baking sheet. If you don't have a cookie scoop, drop the dough with a spoon.
- Press your thumb in the middle of each cookie and smooth the edges if they break apart
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until sides start to get a golden color (mine probably could have been taken out a minute earlier as they got slightly brown but they still tasted great!)
- Remove from oven, unwrap and place Hershey's kisses into the center of each cookie and allow to melt
- Remove to cooling rack, wait if you can and then enjoy!
I made a different version of this and they were amazing! I’ll try these because they look even better. Thanks for the recipe!
Thanks Taylor! Can’t wait to hear how they turn out!